Activision has slapped a launch date on Destiny’s The Dark Below DLC, which adds new weapons, gear, story missions, co-op and multiplayer activities to Bungie’s interplanetary epic. It lands on 9th December, and is set primarily on the Moon. You know, where the wizards come from.You can buy the thing all by itself for £19.99 or $20, or as part of the game’s Season Pass, which costs £34.99 or $34.99 and includes access to the next DLC pack, House of Wolves.
<figure class=“responsive single-article__canvas single-article__canvas–full zoomhover” data-media=“http://cdn.medialib.totalxbox.com/screens/dir_420/image_42018_320.jpg” data-media480=“http://cdn.medialib.totalxbox.com/screens/dir_420/image_42018_480.jpg” data-media768=“http://cdn.medialib.totalxbox.com/screens/dir_420/image_42018_700.jpg” data-media992=“http://cdn.medialib.totalxbox.com/screens/dir_420/image_42018_620.jpg” title="" style=“margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative; width: 620px; color: rgb(38, 38, 38); font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 23.7999992370605px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: initial;”></figure>“Destiny was created as a living universe, which has allowed us to improve the experience post launch in real-time,” observed Bungie president Harold Ryan in a release. “It also gives us insight into the things players are looking for in new content. We’ve seen from feedback that people want new activities, gear and weapons and of course the immensely popular Raid. The community helps shape our development decisions and that’s really important to us.”
Here’s a breakdown of the pack’s contents on Xbox One and Xbox 360:
[INDENT]- New weapons, armour and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
- Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
- New story quests and missions - after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
- New co-operative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
- Three new competitive multiplayer arenas
Pantheon - set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
Skyshock - an old interplanetary defence array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements
The Cauldron - an abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New six-player Raid, Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
[/INDENT]Sold? It’s probably worth remembering that portions of Destiny’s DLC packs appear to exist on the[URL=“http://www.totalxbox.com/article.php?id=81744”]disc, which has prompted many players to complain that they’re being cheated of their rightful dues. I think there’s a difference between “on-disc” and “sold to you explicitly as part of the advertised main game content”, personally, but it’s certainly unfortunate.