Rise of the Tomb Raider will be an Xbox One exclusive

Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox exclusivity ‘has a duration’

Yesterday, Microsoft announced during its Gamescom press conference that Rise of the Tomb Raider would be releasing exclusively on Xbox in 2015. Now, Head of Xbox Phil Spencer has confirmed that this exclusivity deal “has a duration.”

The careful wording of Microsoft’s announcement yesterday led many to believe that the game would eventually come to PC and PlayStation 4, but of course it still made a lot of people angry. Spencer has since confirmed that Microsoft only has exclusivity for a set duration, but wouldn’t reveal how long that was.

“I have Tomb Raider shipping next holiday exclusively on Xbox. It is Xbox 360 and Xbox One,” he told Eurogamer. I’m not trying to fake anybody out in terms of where this thing is. What they do with the franchise in the long run is not mine. I don’t control it. So all I can talk about is the deal I have. I don’t know where else Tomb Raider goes.

“Yes, the deal has a duration. I didn’t buy it. I don’t own the franchise,” he added.

When pushed for a number, Spencer said. “”No. It’s not because I’m trying to be a headfake on anybody. It’s a deal between us and the partner. People ask me how much did we pay. There are certain things I’m just not going to talk about because it’s a business deal between us and then. Obviously the deal does have a duration. I didn’t buy the IP in perpetuity.”

Spencer went on to say that he understands why gamers on other platforms would be angry. “I get the reaction I see. If I’m a PlayStation person all of a sudden I feel like, the franchise has gone. I didn’t buy the IP. I didn’t buy the studio. It’s not mine. Where this thing will go over time, just like Dead Rising or Ryse, we’ll see what happens with the game. I don’t own every iteration of Tomb Raider.

“I don’t own them building Tomb Raider on other platforms. I can’t talk about the franchise that way. I can talk about the deal I have.”

Rise of the Tomb Raider is set to launch on Xbox 360 and Xbox One in holiday 2015.

Aaaaa izlazi i za xbox 360, hahah :smiley:

Fil Spenser sam svoju platformu pokopava, jer je rekao da će samo neko vreme to biti exkluziva, pa da će posle kao i Dead Rising i Ryse izaći na ostale platforme. Nije baš tim rečima rekao, ali pametnom dovoljno ono što je on rekao da to shvati da će igra ubrzo i na PC, PS4 i PS3.

i 2 dana kasnije za gamecube :*

Ocigledno je bilo da nije kupio IP i fransizu, pitanje je samo bilo da li ce OVAJ tomb raider biti XO ekskluziva. Niko ga nije ni pitao za fransizu. Ali je otprilike jasno da je timed ekskluziva i da izlazi za max godinu dana za druge platforme kroz sav taj odvratni korporativni muljavi bullshit.

Koliko reci a nista nije rekao, boze me sacuvaj od njihovog PR-a. Makar nije nikoga uvredio.

Ovo je ista stvar kao sa Call of Duty igrama. Svaki DLC prvo izadje za Xbox, a onda nakon mjesec dana za sve ostale platforme.
Tako ce biti i sa ovom igrom, izaci ce za One i 360 a onda ubrzo i za sve ostalo.

Crystal Dynamics Talks Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusivity

Rise of the Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics has confirmed Rise of the Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive, and defended the lack of clarity over the fact it has a finite duration.

In a new Q&A, the studio elected to answer fan concerns and explained that while it won’t be discussing details of the agreement, it didn’t intend to mislead people over its nature.

“Yes, our deal with Microsoft has a duration. We aren’t discussing details of the deal, and are focused on delivering a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360,” it explains. "Yes, Crystal Dynamics is excited to be partnering with Microsoft to make the best game possible. As Darrell mentioned in his message, we have a long history with Microsoft and they have been a very strong supporter of the franchise. They will help us grow and nurture the Tomb Raider franchise more than ever before.

"We did not make this decision lightly. Our goal is to build the best game that we possibly can, and our relationship with Microsoft will help us realize our vision for the game.

“We certainly didn’t intend to cause any confusion with the announcement. The Microsoft Gamescom stage was a great place to make the initial announcement, but not necessarily to go into details.”