Destiny's next DLC won't repeat mistakes of the first, say Bungie

You were probably feeling pretty good about that loot you got from overcoming the Vault of Glass, Destiny’s first raid - at least until the DLC came along. The Dark Below added a vendor who sold better gear, practically invalidating the rewards for beating the first raid.

Destiny players were understandably a bit worried that this would happen again with Destiny’s second piece of downloadable content, House of Wolves - but Bungie design lead Luke Smith has reassured fans that this won’t be the case. In a post on NeoGAF, Smith wrote that “the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated”. Mistakes like, in his own words, “vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders”, and “upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents”.

“Our philosophy about rewards/loot continues to evolve as we see how players play and react,” Smith continued. “We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota’s End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.”

Smith talks about how they’re aiming to achieve this in his NeoGAF post; it’s a bit confusing to someone who’s not played Destiny (i.e. me), but essentially it sounds like they’re increasing drop rates in existing raids, while giving their loot rewards a more varied (and useful) set of perks. Bungie have driven players a bit mad with their stingy loot system thus far - leading to all manner of creative exploits - but it sounds like Destiny might finally be about to loosen up a bit.

http://www.totalxbox.com/82917/destinys-next-dlc-wont-repeat-mistakes-of-the-first-say-bungie/

A pred izlazak prvog DLC-ija su rekli da nece ponoviti iste greske iz igre :smiley: only at Bungie

fail again :slight_smile: