Chronicles of Elyria (mmorpg gde mozete umreti od starosti)

Permadeath: The next evolution in MMORPGs

1: There’s a difference between death and DYING
During normal play you can get knocked out or receive a fatal wound in which your soul temporarily leaves your body. Neither of those are permadeath. But each time your soul leaves your body your soul’s connection to Elyria gets weaker, shortening your total life span. When you reach your maximum age, you will sleep the Final Sleep and be no more. That’s DYING, which requires a new character.

#2: Heirs set you up for your next character
While you will, after 10-16 months, see the end of one character, your Soul passes on to your heir, providing a boost to that character’s skills. Thus each character you play becomes stronger, faster, with accelerated skills for more advanced play.

#3: Soul costs will be comparable (or less) than other MMORPGs
Yes, you pay for each life you play. Yes, characters will die after approximately 1 year of play. No, you won’t be paying for the cost of a new game at that time. Chronicles of Elyria doesn’t use a subscription model, so you won’t be paying $9, $15, or more per month (and thus $100+/year) to play your hero. Instead, expect to pay similar to the cost of an expansion for a life.

#4: Crime (griefing) is punished in-game
In Chronicles of Elyria, crimes such as attacking other characters is punishable by time in prison. The more time someone spends in prison, the shorter their playable lifespan, the more their skills atrophy, and the less powerful they will ultimately become. So, we’ve kind of removed most the incentive around griefing. This makes play more fun and eliminates some of the concern around player killers.

Malo screenshota:

Sta je OP sa NeoGAF-a zakljucio:

From what I’ve read:

• There is no class, but there are skills
  • Your character has a lifespan (10-16 months of real world time)
  • Business model is ‘pay per life’, so if your character dies, you have to pay to play the heir
  • Closed economy, finite resources, non-repeatable quests, and fully destructible environment
  • You can be anything, from peasants, artists, assassins, to a king.
  • There are prisons for grievers (several years for murders)
  • PC release, possible consoles in the future (devs said the game is being built with a game pad in mind).
  • Unreal Engine
  • Devs are Soulbound Studios, a brand new one (Founded in 2015)

[SIZE=1]Tema besramno preuzeta sa NeoGAF-a[/SIZE]

Ideja je veoma interesantna, plus sto se placa po zivotu karaktera a ne mesecno. Jos da ubace napredak nauke i civilizacije dok se igra, uuh :smiley: Bilo bi interesantno da pri pocetku igre pocinjemo u srednjem veku, a za pet godina da se nadjemo u industrijskoj revoluciji. All in all, cak i bez toga, me wanna.

Koja je to gaming opsesija sa smrću, pogotovu u poslednjih par godina? :smiley:

Ideja je interesantna, ali, meni bi bilo interesantnije da je sistem kao u Oreshika, gde lik ima ograničen životni vek, pa pre smrti mora napraviti makar jedno dete, na koje prenosi svoje veštine i svoju zaostavštinu nakon smrti. Time igru nastavljaš sa novim likom koji ima sposobnosti prethodnog, sa potencijalom za dalje razvijanje i poboljšanje.

E takav MMO bi meni bio interesantniji od ovog gde imaš jedan život i gde moraš da počinješ iz početka sa novim likom, ako sam dobro shvatio?

Ne kazem da je zbog Half Life 3, ali… :smiley:

Isti sistem je i ovde. Svaki sledeci karakter je jaci i bolji:

#2: Heirs set you up for your next character
While you will, after 10-16 months, see the end of one character, your Soul passes on to your heir, providing a boost to that character’s skills. Thus each character you play becomes stronger, faster, with accelerated skills for more advanced play.

Nekako sam preskočio taj pasus :smiley:

Deluje zanimljivo, i koncept je dobar, ali ovo sigurno neću igrati, jer nikad nisam podržavao niti igrao igre koje se plaćaju dodatno izvan FULL GAME PRICE-a, tako da ovo ću preskočiti, kao i sve slične njoj. Kažu nije pretplata, pa u suštini i jeste, samo nije mesečna, nego godišnja.

Nijedan Fut pack nisi kupio? getouttahere :smiley:

On topic. Igra mi se neki MMO, jako ali me ovaj sablon koji se proteze skoro 15 godina smorio. Ovo deluje zanimljivo i sigurno cu probati.